Update added by user Nov 12, 2015
After a conversation with Rich at AutoSource, I realized some fault of my own in getting a proper resolution.But, it's too late to go back so it is what it is.
The car I purchased was not safe or straight. AutoSource did try to make it right by spending time and money, but it ultimately was not fixed correctly. Just make sure to take any branded title car to an unbiased, respectable body shop for close inspection before you buy. I didn't do that with this car.
That is my mistake, but it's AutoSource's mistake for selling it in that condition.
I'm not as mad about the situation as I was, but I am out lots of money and spent plenty of time on this. Will I go back?
We'll see.But I'll take a much different approach next time.
Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2015
The story is too long to write here.Short: bought a 2014 Explorer Limited for top dollar (my mistake) at the beginning of 2015.
Noticed the car sunk in the passenger front after a month. About 1" short than the driver front. Took it back to the dealership and spoke to the GM, Rich Jackson, who told me the car was unsafe! So they spent 2.5k to fix it.
Still didn't sit right but I assumed they made it safe. I then hear from another mechanic that the frame is cracked (right under the hood!), the car is not square (both frame and the car as a whole. Instead of the car being a perfect rectangle, it was a parallelogram). I took it to Abra Auto Body who said it's not safe.
I stopped driving it immediately. I took the car back to the dealership, traded my car for the only REAL clean title car on their lot, took a MASSIVE hit financially, and finally got rid of the wreckage. I will never go back and will write bad reviews everywhere I can. One last thing, Utah is a buyer beware state which means if they tell you it's salvage title, they can sell you the worst car in the world and legally get away with it.
I filed a complaint with the DMEV and was told "SORRY!" I'm just happy to be rid of it.
**The third picture is of the cracked frame. This was taken a few weeks before I traded the car back in. It was right under the hood next to the radiator, totally visible.
Abra said that weld is structural.Very unsafe.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- 2014 Ford Explorer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought a new 2015 Keystone RV Fuzion 371 fifth wheel this fall. Before I even got it parked at home, the front slide had a cable fall off..."
- "We have had RV for 141 days. Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop. Closed vent blew off..."
- "We ordered a brand new 2014 Georgetown 378XL and took delivery from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH in late May 2013. We immediately noted undisclosed damage to the outside..."
- ""It's NOT our fault" was the response I received from the shift manager, Andrea, at the discovery of the BONE in my Chicken Fried Steak. She gave 10% off the..."
- "We purchased a Maytag Centennial washer 35 months ago. We noticed our clothes getting discoloring stains on them and after investigating found rust only along the bottom 6 inches of..."
- "BEWARE!!! I purchase from this trainer a 16 week training and basically got NOTHING out of her... She didn't check in weekly, didn't have a weekly change up of exercise,..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."