AutoSource Motors - Sold a car that was unsafe to drive. Large financial loss
Update added by user Nov 12, 2015
After a conversation with Rich at AutoSource, I realized some fault of my own in getting a proper resolution.But, it's too late to go back so it is what it is.
The car I purchased was not safe or straight. AutoSource did try to make it right by spending time and money, but it ultimately was not fixed correctly. Just make sure to take any branded title car to an unbiased, respectable body shop for close inspection before you buy. I didn't do that with this car.
That is my mistake, but it's AutoSource's mistake for selling it in that condition.
I'm not as mad about the situation as I was, but I am out lots of money and spent plenty of time on this. Will I go back?
We'll see.But I'll take a much different approach next time.
Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2015
The story is too long to write here.Short: bought a 2014 Explorer Limited for top dollar (my mistake) at the beginning of 2015.
Noticed the car sunk in the passenger front after a month. About 1" short than the driver front. Took it back to the dealership and spoke to the GM, Rich Jackson, who told me the car was unsafe! So they spent 2.5k to fix it.
Still didn't sit right but I assumed they made it safe. I then hear from another mechanic that the frame is cracked (right under the hood!), the car is not square (both frame and the car as a whole. Instead of the car being a perfect rectangle, it was a parallelogram). I took it to Abra Auto Body who said it's not safe.
I stopped driving it immediately. I took the car back to the dealership, traded my car for the only REAL clean title car on their lot, took a MASSIVE hit financially, and finally got rid of the wreckage. I will never go back and will write bad reviews everywhere I can. One last thing, Utah is a buyer beware state which means if they tell you it's salvage title, they can sell you the worst car in the world and legally get away with it.
I filed a complaint with the DMEV and was told "SORRY!" I'm just happy to be rid of it.
**The third picture is of the cracked frame. This was taken a few weeks before I traded the car back in. It was right under the hood next to the radiator, totally visible.
Abra said that weld is structural.Very unsafe.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- 2014 Ford Explorer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We bought a2008 Raptor toy hauler in 2011 which had been out of storage on several occasions for on a week @a time---The unit looked BRAND NEW---BEAUTIFUL. Found slight..."
- "My husband couldnt recall the accident being he was knocked unconcoius,he was sighted neg 2 police stated he fell asleep.I knew this was wrong I heard the snap.After sideswiping a..."
- "After purchasing a 2016 Coachmen 378RE, the following quality concerns with the manufacturer and the dealer were discovered. • Coachmen RV has an ineffective quality program. • Coachmen RV warranty resolution process has not..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "I found this company by searching for local flowers in CT and I'm annoyed I didn't look into them more since the company is based out of NJ! The flowers..."
- "I have used Charmin Ultra for years, and have usually bought it by the case at Sam's Club. I recently bought a new case at Sam's Club, and it..."
- "I ordered yarn off amazon it specifically says packa of three on their ad more then once and they emailed me saying it was Amazon who messed up which is..."