AutoSource Motors - Sold a car that was unsafe to drive. Large financial loss
Update added by user Nov 12, 2015
After a conversation with Rich at AutoSource, I realized some fault of my own in getting a proper resolution.But, it's too late to go back so it is what it is.
The car I purchased was not safe or straight. AutoSource did try to make it right by spending time and money, but it ultimately was not fixed correctly. Just make sure to take any branded title car to an unbiased, respectable body shop for close inspection before you buy. I didn't do that with this car.
That is my mistake, but it's AutoSource's mistake for selling it in that condition.
I'm not as mad about the situation as I was, but I am out lots of money and spent plenty of time on this. Will I go back?
We'll see.But I'll take a much different approach next time.
Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2015
The story is too long to write here.Short: bought a 2014 Explorer Limited for top dollar (my mistake) at the beginning of 2015.
Noticed the car sunk in the passenger front after a month. About 1" short than the driver front. Took it back to the dealership and spoke to the GM, Rich Jackson, who told me the car was unsafe! So they spent 2.5k to fix it.
Still didn't sit right but I assumed they made it safe. I then hear from another mechanic that the frame is cracked (right under the hood!), the car is not square (both frame and the car as a whole. Instead of the car being a perfect rectangle, it was a parallelogram). I took it to Abra Auto Body who said it's not safe.
I stopped driving it immediately. I took the car back to the dealership, traded my car for the only REAL clean title car on their lot, took a MASSIVE hit financially, and finally got rid of the wreckage. I will never go back and will write bad reviews everywhere I can. One last thing, Utah is a buyer beware state which means if they tell you it's salvage title, they can sell you the worst car in the world and legally get away with it.
I filed a complaint with the DMEV and was told "SORRY!" I'm just happy to be rid of it.
**The third picture is of the cracked frame. This was taken a few weeks before I traded the car back in. It was right under the hood next to the radiator, totally visible.
Abra said that weld is structural.Very unsafe.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- 2014 Ford Explorer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "It's a shame that Keystone claims a quality product and produces an inferior one. A big complaint (of many) I have are the tires they put on the so-called Luxury..."
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "Read reviews in the photos provided...."
- "I've given Rise Broadband (formerly Digis) plenty of opportunities to redeem themselves, but this internet service provider (ISP) continues to degrade and slide into the category of absolute worst provider..."
- "Emerald Integrations – Buyer Beware When I made my purchase from their website for a Tundra review camera integrated into the handle, it read OEM handle. Upon receiving the unit,..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."